18.05.12 - AUT Open Call 2012 – Visual Music
AUT (Aarhus Unge Tonekunstnere) wishes to invite composers and/or sound artists to create a piece of visual music.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 15th of September 2012
The submitted work must be a new work. It may use the following instruments, whole ensemble or constellations thereof:
· Flute (doubling piccolo, alto & bass flute)
· Trumpet (in Bb/C, doubling piccolo trumpet in Bb/A)
· Guitar (classical, doubling el-guitar)
· Piano (preparing not possible) (doubling celesta & harpsichord)
· Percussion (smaller constellation will be preferred)
Participating composers and/or sound artists may interpret the theme ‘visual music’ freely. The competition is open to any group of/or individual composers and/or sound artists. Participants are allowed to submit more than one work, but only as separate pieces. There are no stylistic criteria. Works received after the deadline will NOT be considered!
A jury consisting of AUT-board members Kaj Duncan David, Karolina Leedo, Allan Gravgaard Madsen, Jens Peter Møller and Sofia Olsson will choose up to 5 works. The decision of the jury is not up for appeal.
The premiere of the selected works will take place at a concert in Aarhus (9th of December 2012). The ensemble will also use this occasion to reveal which piece or pieces from the call they will perform during the subsequent season.
AUT will provide housing and cover transportation costs enabling the winning composers and/or sound artists to participate in rehear-sals and concert with afterparty.
· Duration: Approximately 10 min.
· Instruments: It is not allowed to exceed the before mentioned.
· Type: Acoustic, electro-acoustic or installation works will be considered on equal basis.
WHAT TO SEND:
· Score (.pdf) (if instruments are used) and/or performance notes (.pdf).
· If available, sound or video files/links as documentation/preview
· CV (.pdf)
(send it to email@example.com)
· 15th of September 2012: Deadline for submission.
· 1st of October 2012: The 5 selected works will be announced on www.aut.dk and on AUTs Facebook-page.
· 1st of November 2012: Composers/sound artists deliver parts, if any.
· 9th of December 2012: Concert will take place.
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Web: www.aut.dk
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/AUT.dk
· Lydenskab ensemble: www.lydenskab.dk